China's CITIC Sec says 2012 profit fell about 66 pct
SHANGHAI Jan 23 (Reuters) - CITIC Securities Co Ltd , China's biggest listed brokerage, warned on Wednesday that 2012 earnings fell about 66 percent from a year earlier.
Net profit fell to 4.26 billion yuan ($691.34 million) from 12.58 billion yuan a year earlier, CITIC said in an unaudited earnings statement, without elaborating.
Trading commission incomes and investment banking revenues shrank at Chinese brokerages last year as many investors stayed on the sidelines while many companies delayed or cancelled share sales due to a volatile stock market. ($1 = 6.2198 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Jason Subler and Samuel Shen; Editing by Kazunori Takada and Pete Sweeney)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane