US-based stock mutual funds attract $9.32 bln - ICI
NEW YORK Jan 23 (Reuters) - Investors in U.S.-based mutual funds pumped $9.32 billion into stock funds in the week ended January 16, the second consecutive week of inflows for such funds, data from the Investment Company Institute showed on Wednesday.
Investors poured $14.33 billion into the funds the previous week, said ICI, a U.S. mutual fund trade organization.
Funds that specialize in U.S. stocks attracted $5.05 billion in new cash in the latest week, down modestly from inflows of $7.73 billion the prior week.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting