Chipmaker LSI posts quarterly revenue above estimates
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 23 (Reuters) - Chipmaker LSI posted fourth-quarter revenue above expectations despite slow PC sales and a weak economy that have created uncertainty around demand for storage controllers.
The company posted fourth-quarter revenue from continuing operations of $600 million, up 15 percent from the year-ago period.
Analysts were expecting revenue of $591 million for the December quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company reported fourth-quarter income from continuing operations of $29.1 million or 5 cents a share, from a loss of $1.8 million, or nil earnings per share, in the same quarter last year.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions