Chipmaker LSI posts quarterly revenue above estimates
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 23 (Reuters) - Chipmaker LSI posted fourth-quarter revenue above expectations despite slow PC sales and a weak economy that have created uncertainty around demand for storage controllers.
The company posted fourth-quarter revenue from continuing operations of $600 million, up 15 percent from the year-ago period.
Analysts were expecting revenue of $591 million for the December quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company reported fourth-quarter income from continuing operations of $29.1 million or 5 cents a share, from a loss of $1.8 million, or nil earnings per share, in the same quarter last year.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq