CANADA FX-C$ slumps on more dovish Bank of Canada
TORONTO Jan 23 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada held interest rates steady and said a future rate hike was "less imminent" as it reduced its growth forecasts.
The Canadian dollar traded at C$0.9972 to the greenback, or $1.0028, compared with C$0.9930 just before the central bank news and C$0.9927 at Tuesday's North American close.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East