CANADA FX-C$ slumps on more dovish Bank of Canada
TORONTO Jan 23 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada held interest rates steady and said a future rate hike was "less imminent" as it reduced its growth forecasts.
The Canadian dollar traded at C$0.9972 to the greenback, or $1.0028, compared with C$0.9930 just before the central bank news and C$0.9927 at Tuesday's North American close.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |