McDonald's 4th-quarter profit rises
Jan 23 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp reported a rise in fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday, as sales at established U.S. restaurants edged higher instead of falling as expected.
Net income at the world's biggest restaurant chain rose to $1.40 billion, or $1.38 per share, from $1.38 billion, or $1.33 per share, a year earlier.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |