McDonald's 4th-quarter profit rises
Jan 23 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp reported a rise in fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday, as sales at established U.S. restaurants edged higher instead of falling as expected.
Net income at the world's biggest restaurant chain rose to $1.40 billion, or $1.38 per share, from $1.38 billion, or $1.33 per share, a year earlier.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections