Raymond James Financial boosts quarterly profit
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Brokerage and investment bank Raymond James Financial Inc said on Wednesday its quarterly profit rose 27.6 percent from last year, boosted by strong results from the company's brokerage and capital markets divisions.
The St. Petersburg, Florida-based company reported net income of $85.9 million, or 61 cents a share, in its fiscal first quarter ended Dec 31, up from $67.3 million, or 53 cents, in the year-earlier period.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor