British utility SSE says CEO Ian Marchant to step down
Jan 23 (Reuters) - British utility SSE Plc said Chief Executive Ian Marchant would step down after a decade at the helm and deputy CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies would succeed him on July 1.
The company also said Finance Director Gregor Alexander would have an expanded role, supporting the CEO.
Phillips-Davies, appointed deputy CEO last year, joined SSE's predecessor company, Southern Electric, in 1997.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |