British utility SSE says CEO Ian Marchant to step down
Jan 23 (Reuters) - British utility SSE Plc said Chief Executive Ian Marchant would step down after a decade at the helm and deputy CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies would succeed him on July 1.
The company also said Finance Director Gregor Alexander would have an expanded role, supporting the CEO.
Phillips-Davies, appointed deputy CEO last year, joined SSE's predecessor company, Southern Electric, in 1997.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit