British utility SSE says CEO Ian Marchant to step down
Jan 23 (Reuters) - British utility SSE Plc said Chief Executive Ian Marchant would step down after a decade at the helm and deputy CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies would succeed him on July 1.
The company also said Finance Director Gregor Alexander would have an expanded role, supporting the CEO.
Phillips-Davies, appointed deputy CEO last year, joined SSE's predecessor company, Southern Electric, in 1997.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM