British utility SSE says CEO Ian Marchant to step down
Jan 23 (Reuters) - British utility SSE Plc said Chief Executive Ian Marchant would step down after a decade at the helm and deputy CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies would succeed him on July 1.
The company also said Finance Director Gregor Alexander would have an expanded role, supporting the CEO.
Phillips-Davies, appointed deputy CEO last year, joined SSE's predecessor company, Southern Electric, in 1997.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls