St. Jude 4th-qtr profit beats estimates; expects strong 2013
Jan 23 (Reuters) - St. Jude Medical Inc reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by lower costs, and forecast 2013 profit above market estimates.
Net income for the fourth quarter fell to $120 million, or 39 cents per share, from $125 million, or 39 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Excluding one-time items, the company earned 92 cents a share. Analysts had expected a profit of 90 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data