ON THE MOVE-UBS Wealth lands veteran adviser from Merrill Lynch
Jan 23 (Reuters) - UBS AG's Wealth Management Americas said on Wednesday it landed a veteran adviser from Bank of America Corp's Merrill Lynch.
Adviser Todd Starkey, who had been at Merrill for more than a decade, moved to UBS's Melbourne, Florida office last Thursday. Starkey was previously based out of Merrill's Merritt Island office and managed $260 million in client assets.
Starkey, who was joined by senior registered associate Candace Pelham, generated $2.1 million in annual revenue last year.
Bank of America confirmed the departure but declined to comment further.
UBS and Merrill rank among the top U.S. brokerages, along with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and Wells Fargo Advisors. The four firms often vie for the same pool of veteran advisers.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts