Air Products profit up 23 percent on sales to energy customers
(Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc (APD.N) reported a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit as it sold more to customers in energy, refining, chemical and metallurgical industries worldwide.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $276.9 million, or $1.30 per share, for the first quarter ended December 31, from $225.9 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 10 percent to $2.56 billion.
(Reporting by Garima Goel; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'