White House: Britain is stronger by being part of the EU
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Wednesday that the United States believes Britain is stronger by being a part of the European Union and the EU is stronger as a result of Britain's membership.
White House spokesman Jay Carney made the comments at a press briefing after British Prime Minister David Cameron promised Britons a vote on whether the country should stay in the EU or leave.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California