White House: Britain is stronger by being part of the EU
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Wednesday that the United States believes Britain is stronger by being a part of the European Union and the EU is stronger as a result of Britain's membership.
White House spokesman Jay Carney made the comments at a press briefing after British Prime Minister David Cameron promised Britons a vote on whether the country should stay in the EU or leave.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years