White House: Britain is stronger by being part of the EU
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Wednesday that the United States believes Britain is stronger by being a part of the European Union and the EU is stronger as a result of Britain's membership.
White House spokesman Jay Carney made the comments at a press briefing after British Prime Minister David Cameron promised Britons a vote on whether the country should stay in the EU or leave.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge