- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Top banks in EU given deadline for recovery plans
LONDON (Reuters) - Top banks in the European Union must present plans by the end of this year spelling out how they would survive a major shock, the European Banking Authority said on Wednesday.
"The plans shall be submitted to the respective competent authorities and discussed within colleges of supervisors," the EBA said in a statement.
The pan-EU regulator said the requirement will affect 39 named banks.
(Reporting by Huw Jones)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this