Praxair profit falls on lower sales in Europe, South America
(Reuters) - Praxair Inc (PX.N), the largest industrial gas supplier in the Americas, reported a slightly lower quarterly profit as weak sales in Europe and South America offset strong sales in Asia.
Profit for the fourth quarter fell to $414 million, or $1.40 cents per share, from $420 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose marginally to $2.8 billion.
(Reporting by Garima Goel in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5