Praxair profit falls on lower sales in Europe, South America
(Reuters) - Praxair Inc (PX.N), the largest industrial gas supplier in the Americas, reported a slightly lower quarterly profit as weak sales in Europe and South America offset strong sales in Asia.
Profit for the fourth quarter fell to $414 million, or $1.40 cents per share, from $420 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose marginally to $2.8 billion.
(Reporting by Garima Goel in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S