Praxair profit falls on lower sales in Europe, South America
(Reuters) - Praxair Inc (PX.N), the largest industrial gas supplier in the Americas, reported a slightly lower quarterly profit as weak sales in Europe and South America offset strong sales in Asia.
Profit for the fourth quarter fell to $414 million, or $1.40 cents per share, from $420 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose marginally to $2.8 billion.
(Reporting by Garima Goel in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |