White House welcomes House vote to extend debt limit
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney on Wednesday welcomed a vote by the U.S. House of Representatives that passed an extension of borrowing authority under the federal debt limit.
Carney reiterated that the Obama administration would have preferred a longer extension to avoid continued uncertainty over the issue.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor