- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- British opposition leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
U.S. House passes Republican plan to extend debt limit to May 19
WASHINGTON Jan 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday passed an extension of borrowing authority under the federal debt limit to May 19, putting the Republican plan on a fast track to enactment after top Senate Democrats endorsed it.
The 285-144 vote in the House fell largely along party lines, with many Democrats objecting to the short-term nature of the extension.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this