White House welcomes U.S. House vote to extend debt limit
WASHINGTON Jan 23 (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney on Wednesday welcomed a vote by the U.S. House of Representatives that passed an extension of borrowing authority under the federal debt limit.
Carney reiterated that the Obama administration would have preferred a longer extension to avoid continued uncertainty over the issue.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner