US Airways posts higher quarterly profit
Jan 23 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc, which has pushed hard for a merger with bankrupt AMR Corp's American Airlines, on Wednesday reported a rise in quarterly profit as higher revenue offset cost increases.
Net income came to $37 million, or 22 cents a share, for the fourth quarter, compared with $18 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic