US Airways posts higher quarterly profit
Jan 23 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc, which has pushed hard for a merger with bankrupt AMR Corp's American Airlines, on Wednesday reported a rise in quarterly profit as higher revenue offset cost increases.
Net income came to $37 million, or 22 cents a share, for the fourth quarter, compared with $18 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data