US Airways posts higher quarterly profit
Jan 23 (Reuters) - US Airways Group Inc, which has pushed hard for a merger with bankrupt AMR Corp's American Airlines, on Wednesday reported a rise in quarterly profit as higher revenue offset cost increases.
Net income came to $37 million, or 22 cents a share, for the fourth quarter, compared with $18 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter