- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
3M CEO says security, traffic combination to cut 300 jobs
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer 3M Co will cut about 300 jobs as it combines its security and traffic safety units, one of Chief Executive Inge Thulin's first moves to improve the profitability of underperforming units.
The company expects to take $8 million in one-time charges in the first quarter as a result of that combination, with total first-quarter charges coming to $30 million, Thulin told investors Thursday on a conference call.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this