3M profit up 3.9 percent in quarter
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer 3M Co reported a 3.9 percent rise in profit, on solid growth in sales of its wide array of products, which range from Post-It notes to films used in television screens.
The company said on Thursday that fourth-quarter profit came to $991 million or $1.41 per share, compared with $954 million, or $1.35 per share, a year earlier.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Accused Pennsylvania sniper appears in court after $10 million manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows