Airgas profit rises on higher gas sales, tank rentals
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Airgas Inc reported a 14 percent higher third-quarter profit as gas sales and storage tank rental revenue rose by 6 percent.
Profit rose to $82.9 million, or $1.05 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $72.6 million, or $0.93 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 5 percent to $1.21 billion.
The company supplies cylinders of oxygen, argon, and other gases used in construction, healthcare and entertainment.
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Islamic State executes dozens of Syrian army soldiers: monitor