Airgas profit rises on higher gas sales, tank rentals
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Airgas Inc reported a 14 percent higher third-quarter profit as gas sales and storage tank rental revenue rose by 6 percent.
Profit rose to $82.9 million, or $1.05 per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $72.6 million, or $0.93 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 5 percent to $1.21 billion.
The company supplies cylinders of oxygen, argon, and other gases used in construction, healthcare and entertainment.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |