CORRECTED-Amerisource Bergen says quarterly earnings rose
(Corrects in third paragraph to show operating income decline is for a unit)
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Pharmaceutical distributor AmerisourceBergen Corp said on Thursday that fiscal first-quarter earnings rose as revenues were boosted by the start of a new contract with a large customer.
Net income totaled $168.6 million, or 71 cents per share, up from $162 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Operating income in its largest pharmaceutical distribution business fell from a year earlier, due to a shift among customers to less profitable business and disappointing performance in its Canadian business. (Reporting by Caroline Humer; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |