UPDATE 1-Metro unit in Austria faces cartel probe-report
(Adds comment from MediaMarkt in Germany)
VIENNA Jan 24 (Reuters) - Austrian cartel authorities visited the premises of electronics retailer MediaMarkt/Saturn this month as part of a price-fixing investigation, the newspaper Die Presse reported on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for MediaMarkt in Germany, where its parent Metro is based, confirmed the report but referred other questions to its Austria press department, which had no immediate comment.
Die Presse cited the local unit as saying it would cooperate fully with the investigation.
The Federal Competition Agency was not immediately available. Die Presse cited the agency as confirming searches of electronics retailers without naming them. (Reporting by Michael Shields and Angelika Gruber in Vienna and Victoria Bryan in Frankfurt;Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks: source |