UPDATE 1-Metro unit in Austria faces cartel probe-report
(Adds comment from MediaMarkt in Germany)
VIENNA Jan 24 (Reuters) - Austrian cartel authorities visited the premises of electronics retailer MediaMarkt/Saturn this month as part of a price-fixing investigation, the newspaper Die Presse reported on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for MediaMarkt in Germany, where its parent Metro is based, confirmed the report but referred other questions to its Austria press department, which had no immediate comment.
Die Presse cited the local unit as saying it would cooperate fully with the investigation.
The Federal Competition Agency was not immediately available. Die Presse cited the agency as confirming searches of electronics retailers without naming them. (Reporting by Michael Shields and Angelika Gruber in Vienna and Victoria Bryan in Frankfurt;Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |