Avnet quarterly profit falls 6.5 pct
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Electronic products distributor Avnet Inc's quarterly profit fell 6.5 percent as technology spending remained muted in an uncertain global economy.
Net income fell to $137.5 million, or 99 cents per share, in the second quarter from $147 million, or 98 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.01 per share.
Revenue rose marginally to $6.7 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter