Avnet quarterly profit falls 6.5 pct
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Electronic products distributor Avnet Inc's quarterly profit fell 6.5 percent as technology spending remained muted in an uncertain global economy.
Net income fell to $137.5 million, or 99 cents per share, in the second quarter from $147 million, or 98 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.01 per share.
Revenue rose marginally to $6.7 billion.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |