Baxter posts higher quarterly earnings, matches Street view
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Baxter International Inc on Thursday reported higher quarterly earnings as sales strengthened, especially in the United States.
Baxter, a maker of blood therapy products, medical infusion pumps and equipment for kidney dialysis, said its fourth quarter net profit was $494 million, or 89 cents per diluted share, compared with $463 million, or 82 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, Baxter earned $1.26 per share, matching estimates on Wall Street, according to Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly sales were $3.75 billion, up from $3.59 billion in the year-ago period.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study