Baxter posts higher quarterly earnings, matches Street view
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Baxter International Inc on Thursday reported higher quarterly earnings as sales strengthened, especially in the United States.
Baxter, a maker of blood therapy products, medical infusion pumps and equipment for kidney dialysis, said its fourth quarter net profit was $494 million, or 89 cents per diluted share, compared with $463 million, or 82 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, Baxter earned $1.26 per share, matching estimates on Wall Street, according to Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly sales were $3.75 billion, up from $3.59 billion in the year-ago period.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |