Baxter posts higher quarterly earnings, matches Street view
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Baxter International Inc on Thursday reported higher quarterly earnings as sales strengthened, especially in the United States.
Baxter, a maker of blood therapy products, medical infusion pumps and equipment for kidney dialysis, said its fourth quarter net profit was $494 million, or 89 cents per diluted share, compared with $463 million, or 82 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, Baxter earned $1.26 per share, matching estimates on Wall Street, according to Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly sales were $3.75 billion, up from $3.59 billion in the year-ago period.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |