Cirrus Logic profit beats estimates
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Apple Inc supplier Cirrus Logic Inc reported a quarterly profit well above analysts' estimates on strong demand for its audio chips.
Net income rose to $67.9 million, or 99 cents per share, in the third quarter from $16.7 million, or 25 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items, Cirrus earned $1.64 per share.
Analysts expected an adjusted profit of $1.41 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Cirrus gets about three-quarters of its revenue from Apple.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls