Cirrus Logic profit beats estimates
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Apple Inc supplier Cirrus Logic Inc reported a quarterly profit well above analysts' estimates on strong demand for its audio chips.
Net income rose to $67.9 million, or 99 cents per share, in the third quarter from $16.7 million, or 25 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items, Cirrus earned $1.64 per share.
Analysts expected an adjusted profit of $1.41 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Cirrus gets about three-quarters of its revenue from Apple.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |