Commerzbank to cut 4,000-6,000 jobs at group level
FRANKFURT Jan 24 (Reuters) - Germany's second biggest lender Commerzbank plans to cut 4,000-6,000 jobs at group level until 2016 in a bid to slash costs and revamp its ailing retail business.
The exact figure will be negotiated with labour representatives in talks starting February, Commerzbank said on Thursday.
Commerzbank currently employs 56,000 staff at group level. (Reporting by Arno Schuetze and Alexander Hübner)
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |