Commerzbank to cut 4,000-6,000 jobs at group level
FRANKFURT Jan 24 (Reuters) - Germany's second biggest lender Commerzbank plans to cut 4,000-6,000 jobs at group level until 2016 in a bid to slash costs and revamp its ailing retail business.
The exact figure will be negotiated with labour representatives in talks starting February, Commerzbank said on Thursday.
Commerzbank currently employs 56,000 staff at group level. (Reporting by Arno Schuetze and Alexander Hübner)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users