Embraer sees more demand from American after $4 bln deal
SAO PAULO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA sees demand for more new regional jets at AMR Corp's American Airlines even after Republic Airways ordered up to $4 billion worth of new E-175 jets to operate in American's network, a senior executive said Thursday.
Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, the head of Embraer's commercial aviation unit, said in a telephone interview on Thursday that the Republic deal "did not exhaust" American's demand for larger regional jets.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade