Embraer books Republic Airways deal worth up to $4 billion
SAO PAULO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's largest maker of regional jets, said on Thursday it signed a deal to provide Republic Airways Holdings Inc with 47 E-175 jets, with an option to acquire an additional 47 aircraft.
If all 94 planes were delivered, the value of the contract could reach about $4 billion at list prices, Embraer added. The new aircraft would be operated by Republic under AMR Corp's American Eagle brand.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court rules in favor of Yukos shareholders vs Russia, awards $50 billion: source
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police