Embraer books Republic Airways deal worth up to $4 billion
SAO PAULO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's largest maker of regional jets, said on Thursday it signed a deal to provide Republic Airways Holdings Inc with 47 E-175 jets, with an option to acquire an additional 47 aircraft.
If all 94 planes were delivered, the value of the contract could reach about $4 billion at list prices, Embraer added. The new aircraft would be operated by Republic under AMR Corp's American Eagle brand.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama