Embraer books Republic Airways deal worth up to $4 billion
SAO PAULO Jan 24 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's largest maker of regional jets, said on Thursday it signed a deal to provide Republic Airways Holdings Inc with 47 E-175 jets, with an option to acquire an additional 47 aircraft.
If all 94 planes were delivered, the value of the contract could reach about $4 billion at list prices, Embraer added. The new aircraft would be operated by Republic under AMR Corp's American Eagle brand.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand