NY cash natgas prices jump early to 9-yr high due to cold
NEW YORK Jan 24 (Reuters) - Extreme cold weather in the U.S. Northeast pushed regional New York natural gas prices to their highest level in nine years early Thursday.
Energy traders said regional New York gas prices for Friday delivery on the Transco pipeline at the New York citygate traded as high as $44. They averaged just over $39 per million British thermal units, the highest average price for New York tracked by Reuters since a peak at $47 in winter 2004.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales