White House confirms Obama to nominate Mary Jo White to head SEC
WASHINGTON Jan 24 (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney on Thursday confirmed that President Barack Obama will nominate Mary Jo White as chair of the Securities Exchange Commission.
Obama is to formally announce the former federal prosecutor for the post later in the day.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |