White House confirms Obama to nominate Mary Jo White to head SEC
WASHINGTON Jan 24 (Reuters) - White House spokesman Jay Carney on Thursday confirmed that President Barack Obama will nominate Mary Jo White as chair of the Securities Exchange Commission.
Obama is to formally announce the former federal prosecutor for the post later in the day.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine