Finland auctions new 4G spectrum
HELSINKI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Finland will auction new fourth-generation wireless licences on Thursday, the government said.
The government estimates it will receive at least 100 million euros ($133 million) for the 20-year licences.
The 800 MHz frequency band is valuable because it allows mobile signals to travel long distances. ($1 = 0.7530 euro) (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East