Finland auctions new 4G spectrum
HELSINKI Jan 24 (Reuters) - Finland will auction new fourth-generation wireless licences on Thursday, the government said.
The government estimates it will receive at least 100 million euros ($133 million) for the 20-year licences.
The 800 MHz frequency band is valuable because it allows mobile signals to travel long distances. ($1 = 0.7530 euro) (Reporting by Terhi Kinnunen; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |