UPDATE 1-Informatica sees revenue above estimates, shares rise
* Sees first-quarter adjusted EPS $0.29-$0.32 vs est $0.31
* Sees first-quarter revenue $196 mln-$206 mln vs est $197.1 mln
* Fourth-quarter adjusted EPS $0.41 vs est $0.37
* Fourth-quarter revenue $234.7 mln vs est $217.5 mln
* Shares up 9 pct in extended trading
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Data-integration software maker Informatica Corp forecast current-quarter revenue largely above analysts' estimates as growth returned to its European markets.
Shares of the company were up 9 percent in extended trading, after closing at $33.24 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
Informatica, which makes software to help companies pull together data to analyze business trends, forecast first-quarter adjusted earnings of between 29 cents and 32 cents on revenue of $196 million to $206 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 31 cents per share on revenue of $197.1 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Although there was demand in Europe, the company had not been able to pursue business there in the past few quarters, Chief Executive Sohaib Abbasi said on a conference call with analysts.
The company said it had a "solid quarter" in Europe, reflecting better sales execution and operational discipline.
Weak performance in Europe had dragged down the company's third-quarter results in October.
The company said it signed on customers such as Facebook Inc and online restaurant reservation provider OpenTable Inc in the fourth quarter.
Net income fell to $31.1 million, or 28 cents per share, from $42.4 million, in the fourth quarter, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 41 cents per share.
Revenue rose to $234.7 million from $227 million a year earlier.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 37 cents per share on revenue of $217.5 million.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl