CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes higher on Potash, Agrium, U.S. data
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index finished higher on Thursday, led in part by U.S. economic data as well as by fertilizer makers Potash Corp and Agrium Inc, which rose after Agrium raised its profit forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 29.57 points, or 0.23 percent, at 12,823.62. Eight of the index's 10 main sectors advanced.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor