CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes higher on Potash, Agrium, U.S. data
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index finished higher on Thursday, led in part by U.S. economic data as well as by fertilizer makers Potash Corp and Agrium Inc, which rose after Agrium raised its profit forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 29.57 points, or 0.23 percent, at 12,823.62. Eight of the index's 10 main sectors advanced.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data