CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes higher on Potash, Agrium, U.S. data
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index finished higher on Thursday, led in part by U.S. economic data as well as by fertilizer makers Potash Corp and Agrium Inc, which rose after Agrium raised its profit forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 29.57 points, or 0.23 percent, at 12,823.62. Eight of the index's 10 main sectors advanced.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data