CANADA STOCKS-TSX closes higher on Potash, Agrium, U.S. data
TORONTO, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index finished higher on Thursday, led in part by U.S. economic data as well as by fertilizer makers Potash Corp and Agrium Inc, which rose after Agrium raised its profit forecast. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed up 29.57 points, or 0.23 percent, at 12,823.62. Eight of the index's 10 main sectors advanced.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image