Seoul shares slide as tech stocks weigh after Apple result
SEOUL Jan 24 (Reuters) - South Korean shares fell on Thursday, with tech shares sliding early in the session after Apple Inc announced disappointing earnings on Wednesday.
Market heavyweight Samsung Electronics fell 1 percent, while LG Display, an Apple supplier, fell 2.4 percent.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.6 percent at 1,969.12 points at 0003 GMT. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone