Seoul shares fall as weak earnings weigh on tech, auto stocks
SEOUL Jan 24 (Reuters) - South Korean shares fell on Thursday as auto stocks plunged on Hyundai Motor's weaker-than-expected fourth-quarter profit, while tech shares dropped after Apple Inc's posted disappointing results.
Shares in Hyundai Motor fell 4.6 percent, while tech heavyweight Samsung Electronics slid 1.4 percent.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was down 0.8 percent to close at 1,964.48 points. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label