Mechel resumes mining at U.S. Bluestone facilities
MOSCOW Jan 24 (Reuters) - Russian mining and steel group Mechel said on Thursday it resumed mining at several Bluestone facilities in the U.S.
The company said in a statement it decided to resume open-pit mining due to decreased coal inventories, targeting production of some 135,000 tonnes a month.
The mining was halted in October last year.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident