Starbucks profit rises on strength in U.S.
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp reported higher quarterly profit on Thursday, after customers in the United States, its top market, spent more than expected during the economically turbulent winter holiday season.
The world's biggest coffee chain reported net earnings of $432.2 million, or 57 cents per share, for the fiscal first quarter that ended Dec. 30. That was up from $382.1 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols