Union Pacific posts higher profit
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Union Pacific Corp, the No.1 U.S. railroad, reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher chemical, automotive and intermodal shipments.
Net income rose to $1.04 billion, or $2.19 per share, in the fourth quarter, from $964 million, or $1.99 per share, a year earlier.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA