Union Pacific posts higher profit
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Union Pacific Corp, the No.1 U.S. railroad, reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher chemical, automotive and intermodal shipments.
Net income rose to $1.04 billion, or $2.19 per share, in the fourth quarter, from $964 million, or $1.99 per share, a year earlier.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies