Amerisource Bergen says quarterly earnings rose
(Reuters) - Pharmaceutical distributor AmerisourceBergen Corp (ABC.N) said on Thursday that fiscal first-quarter earnings rose as revenues were boosted by the start of a new contract with a large customer.
Net income totaled $168.6 million, or 71 cents per share, up from $162 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Operating income in its largest pharmaceutical distribution business fell from a year earlier, due to a shift among customers to less profitable business and disappointing performance in its Canadian business.
(This story corrects in third paragraph to show operating income decline is for a unit)
(Reporting by Caroline Humer; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data